- Paul Cartwright — DNA Profile of geographical origins
- Question of the Week for April 26: Where do we come from?
- Question of the Week for April 19: Karen’s memory of the old pump organ
- What’s in a name? Wordplay about ‘Ione,’ ‘Iona,’ and ‘Eliot’
- Question of the week for April 12: Who is planning to join us 5/18-5/20?
Paul cartwright on Paul Cartwright — DNA Pr… mcartwright1957 on Praying with and for the … mcartwright1957 on Question of the Week for April… Dorothy Snyder on Question of the Week for April… mcartwright1957 on What’s in a name? Wordpl…
Tag Archives: Ione
If most my Cartwright relatives are like Cousin Michael, I suspect that you haven’t ever given the name “Ione” a lot of thought. I understand that it is a Greek name meaning “violet flower.” Presumably at some point in the … Continue reading
“The Old Brown Place” — as some members of the family — remember where Jess and Millie were living at the time of Jess’s death (October 1957) is actually located in the southwest corner of Logan County, Arkansas. I thought … Continue reading
The Spring 1998 ECHOES article by CLyde and Shirley Denney about the History of the Baptist congregations at Shiloh and Ione (Arkansas) continues with the following information. “In January or February of 1881 the church meeting house at Shiloh burned … Continue reading