- Paul Cartwright — DNA Profile of geographical origins
- Question of the Week for April 26: Where do we come from?
- Question of the Week for April 19: Karen’s memory of the old pump organ
- What’s in a name? Wordplay about ‘Ione,’ ‘Iona,’ and ‘Eliot’
- Question of the week for April 12: Who is planning to join us 5/18-5/20?
Paul cartwright on Paul Cartwright — DNA Pr… mcartwright1957 on Praying with and for the … mcartwright1957 on Question of the Week for April… Dorothy Snyder on Question of the Week for April… mcartwright1957 on What’s in a name? Wordpl…
Monthly Archives: December 2014
Going Up to Shiloh is the name I have given to this set of reflections about the immigrant experiences of my ancestors focusing on their journeys from east to west, north to south, west to east, and south to north. … Continue reading
There are two moments in The Grapes of Wrath that I find most arresting. The first one takes place when Ma refuses to turn around and look behind her as the Joad family leaves their homestead located in Cherokee County … Continue reading
The words are saturated with poignancy. Elton John describes the lyrics of the composition that he and Leon Russell are about to sing as “gorgeous” and I think they are. Each time I listen to this haunting melody with Russell’s … Continue reading