- Paul Cartwright — DNA Profile of geographical origins
- Question of the Week for April 26: Where do we come from?
- Question of the Week for April 19: Karen’s memory of the old pump organ
- What’s in a name? Wordplay about ‘Ione,’ ‘Iona,’ and ‘Eliot’
- Question of the week for April 12: Who is planning to join us 5/18-5/20?
Paul cartwright on Paul Cartwright — DNA Pr… mcartwright1957 on Praying with and for the … mcartwright1957 on Question of the Week for April… Dorothy Snyder on Question of the Week for April… mcartwright1957 on What’s in a name? Wordpl…
Category Archives: Conversations
CHAPTER TWO of the memoir about Jess Cartwright begins with Billy telling the story of the “hard years” of the depression. In 1935, “Jessie’s family increased to five children with the birth of twins – Billy and Betty. These were … Continue reading
“CHAPTER ONE” of Billy’s memoir about Jess contains the following perspectives. “After a short romance, Jessie married Millie Starr, the only child of a Choctaw Indian. “Jessie, Millie and ‘Papa’ as they called William Starr, Millie’s father, settled on a … Continue reading
The PREFACE of Billy’s memoir contains the following perspectives about Jess. “Sometime in the early years of the 1900s, Jessie’s father, Joe, settled in the valley community of Ione . . . . Arkansas. Like all small communities in its … Continue reading
As I indicated in a one of my first posts for this blog, my father Billy Lee Cartwright, wrote a memoir about his father that was published in the Fall 1995 issue of Echoes, the Scott County Historical and Genealogical … Continue reading